Alright- I am officially a geek.
After ignoring tags on FB, emails etc., I now find myself excited to be tagged by Fashionista and Kayjay!?? Actually excited.
I guess it's a little like getting picked for the team in grade school.
So, here goes, 10 totally random, totally useless, totally-amped-up-on coffee things about me:
- Before meeting G., I never dreamed about babies, or being a mom. Since G., it has been all I truly desire on the planet.
2. Once, when a couple of other gals and I went to a Greek island after a job in Italy, we rented a scooter for the week. Because it was Greece, they barely asked us for our name at the rental place. At the end of the week, I had damaged it pretty badly, (running into things will do that) so instead of returning it, we drove it off a cliff and never looked back. I will never go to Santorini again.
3. Sometimes my lunch of choice is a box- yes the entire box ladies, of Wheat Thins.
4. I detest folding and ironing laundry. To do it, is like pulling teeth.
5. My friend Nancy and I used to skip high school and hitch-hike to see my punk rock boyfriend who lived half an hour away. We would load a knap-sack with a box (so fancy) of wine and proceed to jump in the various vehicles of total strangers. We thought we were cool-now I think we were stupid and lucky.
6. Since my BFN last month I have rebelled: reckless amounts of caffeine; wildly quitting the prescription prenatal vitamins that I have taken religiously for years; at first I not only gave up prayer/meditation but actually cursed god for his cruelty (this only lasted a couple of days) and have stayed up till all hours of the night, only to feel like crap the next day. Sometimes, when you feel as though trying hard has gotten you nowhere, a little revolt feels good.
7. The smell of olives and blue cheese makes me gag and therefore I have never tried either.
8. I have been tremendously helped in my life by people sharing their struggles and triumphs. I am a sober alcoholic who entered into recovery 14 years ago and spend a lot of my time trying to pass along what I have learned and giving talks about my life, in the hopes that I will help others do the same. I want to start such a support group for people struggling with infertility.
9. I sometimes look at girls in their twenties and think, "I bet she'd get pregnant in a heartbeat", followed by a wave of jealousy and self loathing.
10. I believe that this will all be behind me someday. That I will be dropping our child(ren) off at school and that the longing that is constantly with me today will be a distant memory although, will have changed me forever.
Alright, now I tag:
- Gestational Surrogate to Be (R.)
- Ducks Big Ol Blog (Duck)
- Someday, Someway (Krissy)
- What to Expect When You're Not Expecting (Emily)
- Our Surrogacy Adventure (Jaymee)
- Which way To Baby (Rebecca)
- Our TTC Journey (Angie)
I look forward to knowing random things about you all!!!